Wills & Estates
Our goal is to help empower our clients in what can be a daunting task. We equip our clients with a fundamental understanding of the process and work with them to make sure that all aspects of their estates are planned for in the present and future, to ensure that their intentions are carried out in an effective manner.
Our Wills & Estates team advises clients on all aspects of organising their estates by providing tailored options, enabling them to make informed decisions.
Our clients value our ability to understand their intentions for their estates and our hands-on approach in working with them to ensure they are happy with and fully understand the personal and financial setup, and how this benefits them now and in the future.
Our Wills & Estates team works closely with our Tax department to ensure that your superannuation is working for you and aligns with your plans for the future. The team also works with family trusts, unit trusts and bare trusts, and has expertise in dealing with succession planning for complex estates.
- Estate administration
- Preparation of trust deeds
- Variation of trust deeds
- Family agreements
- Trust disputes
- Charitable trusts
- Complex trusts
- Deeds of wishes
- Superannuation, SMSFs
- Succession planning
- Binding death benefit nominations
- Life insurance
- Asset protection strategies
- Family discretionary trusts
- Ring-fencing assets
- Management deeds
- advising on and implementing effective will structures
- advising on and implementing a complex trust network for a large Australian entity
- structuring of simple, complex and special purpose testamentary trusts
- advising on early withdrawal of superannuation benefits to maximise the capital available to pay gifts under a will
- advising on the tax implications for the reorganisation of a large property portfolio
- advising on the preparation of a substantial bequest to a university in a manner that produced an endowment fund without the use of trusts and corporate entities; this unique approach resulted in an efficient and cost-effective means of operating the endowment
- advising on contested wills.